International Certifications and Company Policies
Tanganda engages in both internal and third-party audits. In order to satisfy the requirements of our various customers, and ensure production is done in a sustainable and ethical manner, and ensure food safety, we are certified to various international standards.
Below is a list of the relevant certifications:
- Rainforest Alliance – An international non-profit organization working at the intersection of business, agriculture, and forests to make responsible business the new normal. This covers tea for export.
- Global Gap/Nurtures/ AH-DLL Grow. The main standard is Global Gap with the other two being add-ons for different markets – Nurtures is required by Tesco Supermarket chain (UK) and AH- DLL Grow by Albert Heijn supermarket chain (Netherlands). This is where our avocados are exported to. The three are audited as one but come with different certificates. Both Tesco and Albert Heijn require that you pass GG and their particular add-on.
- Tesco Minimum Produce Standard (TMPS). This again is required by Tesco over and above GG/Nurtures for avocados. Tesco actually audits this themselves while the others are audited by certification bodies.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) – an effective and rational means of assuring food safety from harvest to consumption
- SMETA (SEDEX Member Ethical Trade Audit). The most widely used social and ethical audit in the world. This again is for avocados. SMETA audit findings are uploaded on the SEDEX (Supplier Ethical Data Exchange) online platform which buyers can view to decide whether they want to do business with you.
- ISO 9001/2015 – The international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). This is relevant for Beverage Division. Demonstrates the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- ISO 22000 – This is a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) Certification.
- Covid-19 Protocols –Following the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus, Tanganda implemented an internal set of protocols in addition to those required by law to reduce the likelihood of an outbreak.
- Food Safety and Quality Policy – This Internal Food Safety and Quality Policy serves to outline the standards that we aim to maintain to ensure compliance with international policies.